Thursday, March 5, 2009


My First Book
The book that I decided to read was called A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. The book so far is amazing!!! usually i read books because i have to pass my class but this book provides me with entertainment. So far i read about how a illegitimate daughter goes to her father's house after he breaks a promise about taking her to watch a movie in his theater. While she's there her mother at home passes away and so she is forced to live at her father's house. However, since she is a illegitimate daughter, the step mother does not really like her as much and so decides to get her married ASAP. So she gets married to a man named Rasheed and moves to Kabul with him. And then the rest of the story is about her coping in that neighborhood with her husband who she really didn't want to marry and couple of the Afgani rules which she did not follow when she was with her mother. I think my favorite part of the book was when a 15 year old girl named Laila was in love with a guy and started planning their future life with each other. I thought that that was really cute because it's like little kids thinking about their future!

No comments:

Post a Comment