Monday, March 9, 2009

MAP POEM

"Will you marry me"?
the decision of my life that's got to be made in 5 seconds
Yes or No?
What to i do?
the weird and ugly feeling when Rasheed touches me
Do i forget Tariq, the father of my expected child?
Baba has has passed away so now i really have no family
Do i consider the thought about this house?
the tiny 2 floor house
floors that are half ripped
Do i forget my old lifestyle to adjust in the house?
I still love Tariq, so what do i do?

Let's think about this...
I love Tariq
and he's in Peshawar, should i run away from this house
but wait...we need a man to accompany us in fleeing away from this place
But i don't know any man other then Rasheed
Who do i flee away with?
I can't tell Rasheed about this
What do i do?
Yes or No?
Should i marry Rasheed?

3 comments:

  1. I love the floors that are half ripped. What does the house smell like? What sounds can you hear there?
    I like the indecision in your poem. yes no stay go. It's complicated and real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really good. The opening line made it very clear about this being about a marraige. I found it interesting how the second part you made it like the charecter having to think of pros and cons for each guy to see who she should marry but just like other women who might be in her position she is having trouble deciding. I also like how you have the last line as a question about who she should marry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how in your peom there is a problem and the character is questioning their actions. I like the many questions you included. My favorite line is the decision of my life that's got to be made in 5 seconds. It shows the urgency.

    ReplyDelete